Written on July 24, 2013 at 10:56 am , by Judith Pena
We’ve all had tequila in a margarita before, so for National Tequila Day, let’s go beyond the Mexican classic and try tequila a different way.
10 Ways to Enjoy Tequila–Beyond the Basic Margarita
1. Tequila + Grapefruit Juice + Club Soda + A Squeeze of Lime (aka a Paloma)
2. Tequila + Tonic Water
3. Tequila + Lemon + Simple Syrup + Club Soda (aka a Juan Collins)
4. Tequila + Ginger Ale
5. Tequila + Orange Juice + Grenadine (aka a Tequila Sunrise)
6. Tequila + Pureed Watermelon + Triple Sec
7. Tequila + Campari + Sweet Vermouth (aka a Tequila Negroni)
8. Tequila + Orange Juice + Pineapple Juice
9. Tequila + Muddled Mint & Limes + Simple Syrup + Club Soda (aka a Tequila Mojito)
10. Tequila + Bloody Mary Mix (aka a Bloody Maria)
But if you decide, even after all of these awesome suggestions, you still must have a margarita, I suggest trying our Jalapeno Margarita above. It’s kick-ya-in-the-butt spicy, but oh so good. Cheers!