Written on July 31, 2013 at 11:07 am , by Judith Pena
CHEF CHRIS HASTINGS
of Hot and Hot Fish Club, Birmingham, AL
Find out more about this James Beard award-winning chef at jamesbeard.org.
Chris Hastings’ Top 5 Favorite Burgers in the South
1. WILLIS BURGER Shindigs Catering, Birmingham, AL
Arugula, blue cheese and sweet-spicy mostarda on a big beef patty.
2. BOURÉ BURGER Bouré, Oxford, MS
A juicy patty with fried pickles, blue cheese and spicy “comeback” sauce.
3. PORT OF CALL BURGER Port of Call, New Orleans, LA
A super freshly ground half-pounder.
4. THE JOHN T. PIMENTO CHEESEBURGER Jim N’ Nicks, Montgomery, AL
Named for food writer John T. Edge; topped with cheddar-and-pepper spread.
5. GREEN CHILE CHEESEBURGER The Little Donkey, Homewood, AL
Pasture-raised beef, melted cheese and roasted poblanos in a tortilla.
One Response to “Burger Battle Royale: Best of the South”