Written on July 30, 2013 at 6:02 pm , by Every Day with Rachael Ray Staff
Come out this Thursday, August 1, for the second annual Look Good Feel Better Beauty Editor’s Day at Saks Fifth Avenue! There are still a few spots open, so you can join our very own beauty and travel editor, Abbie Kozolchyk, at the Penhaligon’s counter, where she’ll be doling out beauty (and if you want, travel) advice during one-on-one sessions. Sign up now to be part of this great cause. All proceeds go to the Look Good Feel Better foundation for cancer patients.
To help you get to know Abbie a bit before the big day, we sat down and asked her “5 Questions.”
1. How did you get into being a beauty editor?
AK: Happy accident: As a college student, I interned at the now defunct Mirabella and fell really hard for the magazine. I gladly would have gone back for any gig there; the one that just happened to be open when I graduated was in the beauty department.
2. If you had to name one product that is your favorite, what would it be?
AK: Impossible to say, given that beauty editors are essentially human guinea pigs, and always trying new products. But I will say that one of the first fragrances to become a favorite was Penhaligon’s neroli-spiked Castile—I’m kind of an orange blossom junkie—so I’m especially happy to be camping out at the Penhaligon’s counter this Thursday.
3. What’s the best beauty advice anyone has ever given to you?
AK: One word: Sunscreen. Okay, two more: high SPF.
4. Your title is beauty and travel editor. Odd to combine the two?
AK: Oddly, no! I’ve been a travel writer (and travel addict) for almost as long as I’ve been a beauty editor, so I’m perfectly used to, say, filing an article on Reese Witherspoon’s bangs from a Tibetan yak-herding village. (True story.) Needless to say, I love that we cover both topics at Every Day with Rachael Ray.
5. So what products are you always sure to pack?
AK: See number 3.
Written on July 24, 2013 at 4:59 pm , by Every Day with Rachael Ray Staff
Benefitting a great cause, Look Good Feel Better, editors will be taking over the Saks Fifth Avenue beauty department from 12pm to 7pm on Thursday, August 1st. Abbie will be hanging with the ladies at Penhaligon’s, perfumers to no less than the royal baby’s family (stay tuned to find out whether the newborn, who’s third in line to the throne, will get his own scent)! Whether you’re interested in general beauty advice, tips on finding your perfect fragrance, or hearing about life as a beauty and travel editor at Every Day with Rachael Ray sign on up!
- Visit www.lookgoodfeelbetter.org/register now to book your 20-minute appointment at the second annual Beauty Editor’s Day on August 1 from 12 to 7 at Saks Fifth Avenue’s flagship in New York City
- A $30 donation will get you a 20-minute editor consultation and free gift
- Proceeds go to Look Good Feel Better, a program that helps cancer patients to cope with the outward side effects of treatment. For more information, visit www.lookgoodfeelbetter.org