Written on September 13, 2013 at 9:00 am , by Lauren Katz
The New York City Burger Bash is one of Rachael’s favorite events of the year. A few years ago, Rach and friends welcomed 20 meat masters who fought for first place, while everyone else ate, drank, danced and enjoyed the delicious aromas of the night. Rach mingled with Bobby Flay, who won the People’s Choice Award and tons of other Food Network stars! Read on to see who made it to the party.
Giada DeLaurentiis and her hubby, Todd.
Katie Lee stopped by, who apparently opts for a burger with just American cheese. Now that’s minimalism at its finest!
And Anne Burell and Alex Guarnaschelli, who talked about the crazier side of burgers, such as condiments like Kimchi and fried squid. Yum!
It was definitely a night to remember. What’s your favorite way to eat a burger?
Written on August 6, 2013 at 10:00 am , by Nicole Witko
A live cooking demonstration at the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa in Atlantic City, celebrated the talented Celebrity Chef, Restaurateur and TV personality, Bobby Flay. Delivered at his first and only steakhouse, The “Savor Borgata Culinary Series” offered participants the chance to receive a signed copy of Bobby’s new book, Bobby Flay’s Barbecue Addiction, learn some of his favorite tips and techniques and dine with the Iron Chef. Our Associate Food Editor, Ariana Phillips, was lucky enough to sit down with Bobby for a few moments. Find out what he had to say!
- If you could challenge Rachael to a throw down, what would it be? Either a stoup (stew-soup) or blue cheese burgers. I’ve had them at her house and they’re really delicious.
- Drink of choice? Rose wine — especially since I’m trying to get myself into a summer state of mind.
- What culinary trend are you most excited about right now? Spanish/Mediterranean cuisine. I’m opening a new restaurant in NoHo later this year called Gato, and I’m really excited about those flavors right now.
- What’s your #1 guilty pleasure? Ice cream — especially pistachio. Or gelato!
- You have an afternoon completely free to do anything you want — what’s it going to be? Cook! I do it for a living, but I also do it to relax. I’d grill lobsters and rib eyes and open a large-format bottle of rosé.
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever given? My wife’s engagement ring — I certainly hope she liked that gift!
- What would you make for your last meal? A cheeseburger with two slices of cheese and an ice cream sundae—fully loaded!
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever received? My father told me when I was just starting out to “always do the right thing.” You can always take a shortcut in life, but when someone looks at you and tells you to do the right thing, you know what that means and you know what to do. It’s all about that gut feeling.
- What’s your go-to dish if you want to impress someone? Lobster tamales.
To find out more about Bobby, visit BobbyFlay.com