Written on September 23, 2013 at 9:00 am , by Lauren Katz
Despite what the temperature, clothing choices or abundant sunshine may tell you, yesterday was the first day of fall, and we’re so excited for the flavors and dishes that are about to emerge! While we’re never ones to turn town a piping hot bowl of turkey chili or meaty lasagna, there’s something so satisfying about a dish full of fresh and seasonal veggies. That’s why this Meatless Monday, we’re celebrating everything we love about fall.
Written on July 17, 2013 at 9:00 am , by Nicole Witko
Happy National Peach Ice Cream Day! It’s summer, and there’s no better time to enjoy a nice juicy peach than right now. So stock up! This recipe ensures those peaches won’t go to waste.
5 Tips for Making Homemade Ice Cream:
1. To decrease prep time, store the bowl of your ice cream maker in the freezer, wrapped tightly in a plastic bag.
2. Add mix-ins, such as nuts and chocolate chips, for only the last minute of churning.
3. To ensure proper aeration, only fill the ice cream maker three-quarters of the way.
4. Make sure the ice cream “batter” or custard is cool before putting it into the machine.
5. To prevent ice crystals from forming in the freezer, place a piece of plastic wrap on the top surface and press down.
More Sweet Treats: